Our Favourite Wellness Tips and Tricks
Happy National Wellness Month!
Did you know August is National Wellness Month?! This month is dedicated to focusing on solely YOU!
Take this month to focus on what’s most important…YOU! There are so many ways to practice wellness and this may look different for everyone. However, the most essential parts of wellness are promoting healthy routines, managing stress and practicing self-care.
Wellness is all about creating good, attainable habits that make you feel good and don’t cause stress! Here is a list of some of our favourite habits which may work for you too.
- Learn to meditate
- If you’re new to meditating, check out the app Headspace.
- Headspace offers new meditations every day, bedtime sounds and sleep exercises to ensure you are completely rested.
- Try a free, one-week trial!
2. Move your body
- Start your day with a stretch!
- Stretching gets your blood flowing and can help relieve aches and tension from the night before. It is low impact and can be a great way to start your day!
3. Prioritize your sleep
- Sleep masks are proven to help improve the quality of your sleep and provide the ‘blackout’ effect to ensure total darkness at any time of the day!
- Check out one of our favourites, the Allbirds Face Mask. Allbirds uses sustainable materials and all packaging is made from 90% recycled cardboard.
4. Nourish your skin
- Your skin is the largest organ of the body and the first thing people see. Taking care of our skin is so important for dozens of reasons and there are plenty of products on the market to help you have the healthiest skin.
- One of our favourite brands is Nairian, a natural, ethical and clean skincare company.
5. Don’t forget about your lips
- Your lips need love too! Nobody likes the look or feel of cracked lips so make sure you are taking care of this part of your body.
- One of our favourite balms is from MeowMeowTweet. The vegan lip balm can be used on multiple parts of your body, is made from essential oils and natural ingredients and is packaged in biodegradable materials.
- Turn off your phone! Start with a few hours and work your way up to not checking your phone for an entire day. You may be surprised by how refreshed you feel!
7. Stabilize your mood
- Take mood-enhancing beverages or supplements to help keep your mood boosted!
- Strange Love Coffee is one of our favourite coffee shops in Toronto and most recently, they’ve repositioned themselves as the go-to spot for all things wellness. Their supermood beverages are doctor-formulated, mood-enhancing drinks. If you’re looking to relax, energize or focus, check these drinks out.
8. Listen to your body
- As the century-old saying goes, “your body is a temple”
- Treat your body well and respect your boundaries. Everyone has different limits and it’s important to take breaks and rest when your body needs it!